I have actually started planning for Ivan’s birthday party about a month ahead of the actual weekend I planned to have it on. Somehow, being the fickle person that I am, I could not make up my mind as to where I want to have it. Different locations would mean different guests list as some places are more expensive and some places are more inaccessible. My initial choices are:
1. Kizsports in 1Utama Shopping Centre
2. Kid Zone in Hartamas Shopping Centre
4. Home / BIL’s condo’s poolside
Finally after getting all the quotes and stuff a week or 2 before D-Day, I made up my mind that:
1. Kizsports is way too expensive if I were to invite loads of people. Therefore, my invitation for this venue would just be kids of close friends and a few selected blogger friends whom I normally meet at Kizsports.
2. Kid Zone is cheaper but still same as (1).
3. McDonald’s is normal; no doubt the kids will enjoy themselves there, just NOT AS FUN as having it at Kizsports or Kid Zone.
4. Home is too small for parties and lack of parking, mum’s house is too far for most people and BIL’s condo’s poolside might not appeal to some people not to mention clean up hassles!.
So, then I dragged on for another half a week when I finally decided to have it at McDonald’s where I can just ask anyone to go and not worry too much about budget.
After deciding, I checked out a few McDonald’s to look at their “Play Land” to see if they have 1, 2 or 3 slides for the kids. Upon deciding on the McDonald’s at Centrepoint which is where it should be in the first place.. duh!, the manager told me that it is fully booked all the way till July. Gosh! Me and my fickle-minded-ness. What to do but go to the other McDonald’s that I liked, SS14. Having a party there means having the whole level 3 to ourselves.
Finally, with all things settled phew!, I am able to do the itty bitty things like order the cake, buy extra party packs, pre-order some food and send out the invitations most informed was by telephone.